Chair Yoga is a fun set of exercises, loosely based on yoga poses, that you can do from the comfort of your own chair. It is great for all levels and abilities. This includes:
- in an office and needing an exercise program you can do at your desk.
- with a group in a retirement village looking to maintain your active lifestyles.
- in a wheelchair and wanting to do something by yourself.
- recovering from an injury and wanting to increase your core stability and strength quickly.
The benefits of chair yoga are numerous:
- improved fitness from the comfort of you own chair.
- more energy.
- improved flexibility and strength.
- able to do the class in a group or by yourself.
- improved breathing.
- low impact exercise that you can do anywhere.
- feeling more relaxed.
In these classes you will learn gentle yoga postures, breathing techniques, meditation and relaxation methods, designed to develop physical fitness and clarity of mind.
James Bryan is a yoga teacher with over 30 years experience and designed two Chair Yoga series for you to choose from.
For Open / Beginner / Foundation Level – Check out Chair Yoga Series of Classes. Exercise from the comfort of your own chair with experienced Cairns-based yoga teacher James Bryan. No yoga experience required.